Saturday, November 6, 2010

BLD...nap......BLD.....nap.....


Here's a question.  If you found a restaurant that offered breakfast, lunch, dinner and an abundance of delish alcoholic beveys all under one roof - would it be totally inappropriate to bring a sleeping bag and camp out overnight so you can roll last nights dinner... into the next morning's breaky without the hassle of even going home? I'm thinking this is a fantastic idea - and one I am contemplating doing at Toronto's BLD restaurant.  Why bother going home when you've got one of Toronto's best chefs ready and willing to feed you buttermilk buckwheat pancakes and fresh squeezed orange juice for my morning pick-me-up - maybe a lil foie gras poutine for lunch? yes, please.  Then just finish the day off with short ribs... or maybe the miso black cod... or how about anything on the menu as long as I have a bucket of that blue cheese gnocchi on the side.  Executive Chef, Taylor Quinn takes chances with his dishes and from what i've seen - succeeds every time.  Hubs refers to himself as having a "delicate palate" and his ever so precious taste buds were dancing all night.  

The decor is very chic - top of the line everyyything with a really modern black and white color palate and a touch of pink.  Contemporary feel but still cozy and comfortable.  right up my alley. sexy bar chairs.  I almost stole one.

BLD has been open for breakfast/lunch & dinner (obvi - hence the name) for just over two months now and even has an express counter with fresh daily features.  For more info. visit their website www.bldrestaurant.com

Oh and if anyone is looking for me - I'll be napping in the fetal position with a pillow under a booth waiting for Taylor to feed me my next meal.

xo Chef Natty

No comments:

Post a Comment