Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Barque Smokehouse

Good morning foodies.  I feel so distant from you all... are you still there?  I've been super busy lately and I can't say I am liking it all that much as it has been leaving me little time to blog.  I am now a certified yoga teacher which may come as a surprise to many of you seeing as I frequently post my food indulgences on this blog - but yes it is in fact true - I am a yogi, and I have decided to go vegan and only post you recipes for apples and hay salads.

............... pause for reaction...............


HA!  As if I could ever go vegetarian let alone vegan. The yoga part was true though.  So if any of your are seeking out private lessons to work off all the delish food you make from my blog, or to meditate away the binge guilt - i'm your gal!   And by today's post you will be reassured that I will still have delicious goodness coming your way.

Barque Smokehouse is the topic of the day.  An AMAZING southern style smokehouse on roncy (i have no idea how to spell the full word for this street).  Originally discovering this spot as a brunch place, hubs and I ventured out for lunch one day and have fallen in love all over again.... not with each other... but with the beautiful creation that is brisket.  Specifically, the brisket sammy.

As I watch the cold and hideous snow pile up outside my window I have a strong urge for a little hilton head action... since this isn't happening for another few months - Barque is a fantastic substitute.  Super comfortable, unpretentious, wicked ribs, sandwiches, salads, baked potatoes, brisket eggs benny, bacon rimmed caesars...... its almost too much.  Oh - and they give you a bucket of southern spice popcorn as soon as you sit down.

Highly recommended people.

xo Chef Natty

No comments:

Post a Comment