Thursday, September 29, 2011

the brussel recipe for people who hate brussel sprouts.


I know what most of you are thinking...  but before you 'x' this page and deem this post totally disgraceful, I urge you to take a closer look and give these lil brussel babies a chance.  I sure did and now I am obsessed with this recipe.

I was a brussel hater my whole life.  proud of it.  I sneered while passing them in produce at metro - sometimes flipping them off - I scorned the unlucky chef that ever dare try and serve them to me at Thanksgiving or Christmas alike - and I would certainly never bring them into my house to litter my fridge.



Oh how the tables have turned.  These little snugglies have finally tippy-toed their way into my heart and they are here to stay.  Shout out to my Mother-in-law who introduced me to this recipe last Thanksgiving.  I didn't think it would be appropriate to scream profanities at her and throw her bowl of brussels on the floor so i gave em' a shot - and so should you.

Ingredients (serves 4)
4 heaping handfuls of baby brussel sprouts (halved)
1 tsp fresh ginger (finely chopped)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp EVOO
salt and pepper
1 cup chicken stock

In a large pan, heat up your EVOO on medium heat and add your ginger and brussel sprouts.  Stir to coat and cook for 5 minutes.  Lightly salt and pepper and then add your maple syrup.  Stir to coat and cook for 10 minutes until they start to caramelize.  Add your chicken stock and keep cooking until all the liquid has absorbed - stirring occasionally.

VOILA!

easy peasy right?  and oh so tasty.

Serve & Enjoy

xo Chef Natty

No comments:

Post a Comment