Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hilton Head Binge

Hello there foodie friends. 

First off, I apologise for the serious lack of bloggage over the past week and a half.  I've been away which really is no excuse since I had a computer with me the whole time - but still - I was too busy eating insane amounts of serious Southern cuisine that I forgot to blog about it.  However, I am back and ready to blog my face off this week.

To kick off the week of kitchen treasures that I will slowly be revealing, I have to comment on some of the amazing food whilst I was away in Hilton Head, South Carolina.  From traditional Southern BBQ to a little bang bang shrimp from Bonefish we had it all - and by had i mean ate.   A highlight being the gigantore plate full of donuts post delish 4 course gourmet masterpiece in celebration of our 10 month wedding anniversary (hold applause).  

I took the liberty of photographing the two most delicious yet horrid things we consumed last week just for you.

Observe...



Despite the week of pure gluttony - I do think hubs and I deserve a pat on the back on a couple points...

1- we did manage to make it to the gym before pool / golf time (first time I've ever achieved aerobic activity on vacay... big step people... big step)

2- Our dinner drink of choice was usually red wine which is good for your heart ... like cardio... therefore our bevey choices were always health friendly.

3- we only smashed one bag of S&V's the whole week.  this is an even bigger deal than the morning gym regime.

Lots of recipes to come this week.

xo

Chef Natty Fatty

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks great, Nat. Please add some new recipes so I keep up the experimentation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just browsing through twitter and saw your post-I love hilton head island! big vacay place for us as kids and we enjoyed lots of tennis, food and ocean. Lots of great memories there!

    ReplyDelete