Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Recipe by Request - Greek Style Bruschetta


Most girls would tell you that one of the best feelings is when you discover something fabulous in your closet that you had totally forgotten existed.  Last year's birthday dress, those shoes you thought you lost, a clutch that you loved in university that got shoved in the back of your closet for years - its all good.  For me however, the feeling is just as wonderful when I remember a fantastic recipe that had been slipping my mind for far too long.  Instead of the "OMGGG I FORGOT I OWNED THISSSS - WHAT A GREAT FINDDD" It's one of those "OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THAT DISH I NEED TO MAKE IT NOW" moments. and yes, the caps is very necessary.

When one of my besties, I will call her Lala, reminded me of this fresh and tasty Greek style bruschetta that I once made for her - I was determined to scroll through my 403429347539497653045 photos and find the day I made it - photographed it - so I could blog it.  Mission accomplished.

Ingredients:
2 large tomatoes (chopped)
1/2 large cucumber (chopped)
1 red onion (finely chopped)
1 1/2 cups kalamata olives (pitted and chopped)
1 1/3 cups crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup EVOO
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
4 medium pita's  (or one per person)



Cut the pita into quarters and then toast in a 400 degree oven for 3 minutes (should be slightly crisp)

Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl and toss evenly.

Spoon out the topping on top of the pita & enjoy!

xo Chef Natty

1 comment:

  1. thank you lala!!! its perfect :)

    http://imalittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete