Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Susur Lee = Foodie Celeb


One of the top things I look for in a good restaurant is consistency.  I dislike going to a restaurant - having something fabulous - going back for the same meal on another day and getting a crappy version of what you remember from the first time.  In my opinion, a restaurant's menu shouldn't be hit or miss depending on the night.  Truly ruins my day.

This is why I am in love with Chef Susur Lee and his Toronto haven of deliciousness - Lee.

Every time hubs and I go there we get a fabulous meal - our regular menu favorites come out perfect every time - and whenever we do venture to try and new dish we are never disappointed.  Our go-to 'must trys' are:



1. Singaporean Style Slaw - this dish has 18 different ingredients - if any of you can recall back to one of my first blog posts you will recall that this is the dish I once attempted to make at home.  The end result was fire alarms, 3rd degree burns and an unhappy hubs.  Refer to picture above - you will understand why it was a disaster.

2. Matchstick potatoes & spiced mayo

3. Caramelized black cod, Cantonese preserves & miso mustard - might be one of my fav black cods in the city - gives Mark McEwans cod at ONE some serious competition.

4. Slow braised beef, sour cream, potato leek purée & crispy shallots - A. MAZ. ING.

5. Duck confit roll, spiced nuts, oven-dried pineapple & goat cheese - my personal fav. i get it every time.

Each dish is designed tapas style for sharing so you get a nice variety of flavors.  Reasonably priced.  Basically I love it - especially when Susur is there himself and makes a quick appearance in the dining room.  He is the foodie equivalent of a 14-year-old girl's Jonas brother siting.

love. love. love.

another Chef Natty 'must try' for sure.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment