Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the best things i ever ate.....in TO

As I sit here at work (clearly super busy), with my hunger increasing with each minute that brings me closer to my favorite part of the day (lunch time with intern buddy). I can't help but think about some of my absolute favorite dishes. As I already mentioned, going out for dins is probably one of my favorite things to do. Whether its a night out with the girls or dinner for two with my hubby, i'd take a nice dinner out over bottle service and a vendor dog anyday. That being said, I would like to share with you a list of some of the best things i ever ate in Toronto because these delicious treats are too good not to share.

Ahem...

1. best toronto steak - Jacob and Co.- california cut kobe striploin. Though this isn't what I would call the ecomonical choice, for those special nights out its worth every penny. Trust me on this one.

2. best toronto burger - Mildreds Temple Kitchen - crispy tobacco onions, tomato relish...can't go wrong.

3. best toronto fish - ONE - miso glazed black cod. a must taste. Mark McEwan knows his fish.

4. best toronto sushi - i'm sure all my friends would agree with me that the Ebi Shooter from Blowfish takes the cake.

5. best toronto salad - the singapore slaw from Lee. Susur Lee's signature creation that (speaking from my own kitchen disaster experience) you should NEVER... EVER try and make on your own. I'd like to think there isn't alot I can't make. This intricate dish with a total of 18 individual indredients (all needing seperate methods of preparation)resulted in a near kitchen fire and several hot oil burns up my arm. Needless to say, i've decided to let Susur take the lead on this one from now on.

6. best toronto pasta - this one is a toughy because experiementing (often successfully) with different pasta dishes is something I like to take on in my own kitchen. BUT, if I have to give credit to one place for a fabulous dish its Mistura for their fettuccine bolognese - The Original Meat Sauce from Bologna “La Grassa”.

Try any of these favorites and I guarantee you will have an unreal meal.

'till next time!

love from Chef Natty Nudds

No comments:

Post a Comment