Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ciao.... did not wow.

In attempt to embrace this lovely warm April weather we've been given this weekend, hubs and I decided to have a patio lunchy and afternoon stroll around Yorkville yesterday afternoon.  Our restaurant of choice? The new italian spot CIAO that has recently taken up residence in Toronto's Yorkville area.

I had heard a lot of mixed reviews about this spot so i figured i should check it out for myself - the verdict? noottttt so impressed.

Yes, the location is fab.  I enjoyed all the people watching.  Yes, the decor tried to give an authentic, casual feel which is cool....not totally fitting for the area but ok i guess....  BUT - the food was absolutely nothing to get excited about.  I had the beef carpaccio and the pasta bolognese and both dishes were bland. bland. bland.  I've never needed a salt shaker more in my entire life.


Apparently from what I hear (from my fav review site courtesy of martini boys) - the pizza is where they shine, however, I doubt i'll be back to check out that theory.

Sorry Ciao... I really wished we could have become friends... sadly you taste like poop.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment