Friday, April 16, 2010

new obsession? burrata cheese.


Ok,  i know I rant and rave about alot of foods that you "MUST TRY" on here - but I am not kidding about this one SERIOUSLY being one of the best things i've ever eaten in my life.

What is Burrata you may ask?...

Burrata is an Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream.  The outer shell of the cheese is solid (not really though... about as solid as normal buffalo mozzarella) and the inside contains both mozzarella and cream which gives it a really rich creamy soft consistency.  It's seriously unbelievable.

Being one of the hardest cheeses to find (most specialty cheese stores don't even carry  it), I was surprised to see it on the menu of Yorkville's Cafe Nervosa last night.  Obvi I had to try it.. and now - instant obsession. Luckily THE VILLAGE CHEESEMONGER (insert shameless store promo) - aka my husband's specialty cheese store opening April 24th in Liberty Village - will be carrying this delicacy.

I'm not kidding people you need to try this - I am unable to think straight today because I have dancing burrata balls clouding my head.

8 more days and I will have endless burrata - and so can you ... countdown begins now.

Oh, and the particular dish that started this obsession?

Caprese di Buratta
warm burrata mozzarella, roasted roma tomatoes, arugula, cold pressed olive oil


xo Chef Natty

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I had this last week and loved it!!! I couldn't quite put my finger on what made it different from other caprese salads. I will most def be stocking up on this delicious cheese!

    ReplyDelete